cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject WG: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP / JDK 1.3.1_01
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:05:20 GMT

The problem seems to be fixed with the new version of maybeupload.jar (all
my projects works perfectly now). If you can, please download it from
http://www.weft.co.uk/library/maybeupload/ and integrate it into the CVS (I
can also write a bug report - should I?).

Can anybody please do this?

BTW it would be nice if ALL of the jars have version information in its
name.

JOERN

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2001 16:16
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP
/ JDK 1.3.1_01

Jörn Heid wrote:

> When trying to start Cocoon (Resin 2.0.2) on XP I get
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError:
uk/co/weft/maybeupload/MaybeUploadRequestWrapper
> (Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>
> On my Windows 2000 machine the same configuration seems to work fine (same
> JDK, same Resin installation).

I believe that this may be a ClassLoader issue with Resin.  They already
have a synchronization error in their ClassLoader code.  It is very possible
to reason that M$ changed the native API that Resin was using and no longer
performs the unzip operation correctly.

Resin uses JNI to speed up sections of the servlet container.