cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: a PATCH for SQLTransformer
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:20:37 GMT
Hi Per-Olof,

thanks for your patch! It's applied to the HEAD of the cvs.
Your question "What is a complete fix?" is actually very
interesting.
I think there are two answers you can choose from:
1. A fix is never complete.
2. The source is enough.

Ok, just a joke. Let's get more seriously again.
The usual (but not optimal) procedure is to first send
a patch for the source and afterwards (hopefully) send
more patches for documentation.

This is mainly done, as you never know if your patch
will be applied. So if you submit 10pages of documentation
you worked very hard on, and the committers ignore your
patch, well, this might not be your best day.

Unfortunately (and this includes myself often) after
the source is accepted, the submitter forgets about
sending documentation updates.

So, we would be very happy to receive always source
and at least a small docs update in one patch. This
docs can then completed later on.

I think documentation in general includes source code
documentation in java doc format and a user documentation
(see in the documentation/xdocs directory for examples).
So in case of your SQLTransformer patch, the documentation
for the sql transformer in the userdocs/transformers section
should be updated.

Depending on the patch, examples are welcome to be included
in the webapp.

I hope this answers your question.

Carsten (waiting for more patches :-) )

> Per-Olof Norén wrote:

Hi comitters,
I have now implemented namespace handling for the SQLTransformer.
Since this is my first commit, I´d like some pointers to what needs to be
shipped along with the patch itself,
ie what documents needs to be updated for it to be a "complete fix". I´m
thinking of docs etc?

I´m asking this, because there´s possibly more patches and additions on the
way :-)

Regards
Per-Olof Norén
Stochholm, Sweden