cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: XML validation during build docs
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:23:52 GMT
Hi David,

I just updated the JaxpParser of 2.1 to be configurable. Currently
you can turn on validation by specifying the parser in the cocoon.xconf
and add a parameter: <parameter name="validate" value="true"/> to the
configuration. This is the good news.

The bad news is: now all xml documents are validated. Whereas this seems
great in the first run, you now need a dtd for every document as
the errorhandler for the parser always throws an exception if
the document cannot be validated.
So, we need a dtd for the book.xml documents and this should
work then for the documentation build.