cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject RE: Singleton Component?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:58:25 GMT
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to create a Component which is a singleton? I can
> > implement the singleton myself but I was hoping to reuse an already
> > implemented pattern from Avalon.
>
> Let your Component implement the ThreadSave interface.

As far as I understand the last explainations from the Avalon developers,
ThreadSafe is not the same as Singleton.
Whereas Singleton means you really have only one instance in your system,
ThreadSafe is "only" a marker for the ComponentManager. He can create
only one instance - as it is thread safe - but it's not required.

Carsten