cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [RT]: Session support
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 08:41:21 GMT
Hi Team,

I think it's time for a new rt...so here we go:

Cocoon 2 supports session handling. Mainly this is a feature
supported by the servlet engine and Cocoon simply uses it.

However, writing real world applications requires a little
bit more effort than necessary when it comes to url rewriting.
If your servlet engine uses url rewriting and not cookies,
every url has to be rewritten. Unfortunately this has to
be done manually!
I would like to have it automatically (at least for html)!
What I thought of is enhancing the html serializer, so that
he rewrites urls (links etc) if necessary. Unfortunately
this is not possible, as the serializer does not get the
objectModel!
So a working solution could be a simple transformer before
the serializer which does exactly this.

What can we do?

Carsten