cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon Docs and pre announcement of a new Cocoon site
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:11:36 GMT
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> > Hi Berin!
> >
> > Very nice job with the documentation, but
> > The site doesn't exactly like the original due to javascript. The
> > background images for selected items in the navigation are not
> generated.
> > This is the case - I think - as the javascript code is not traversed
> > by the LinkSerializer which produces all resources to generate.
>
> In that case, those links must be entered into the "uris" file.  It would
> be nice if LinkSerializer could understand to load those files.  Perhaps
> if we had an <xlink:link href="foo.js"/> element that gives the clue to
> the LinkSerializer, without impacting the site markup too much.

Yes, something like that should work. We shoudn't use the "uris" file
as it is hard to update.

> > Another problem is batik. After a successfull generation it
> simply hangs!
>
> :(
>
> Does it do that for each image, or is it after the whole site is
> generated?
> I don't have that problem running Cocoon live.
Running live is no problem here, too. No it hangs after the whole
offline generation.
But the offline version does not correctly generate the images
as the current directory is not the cocoon context but any
other the servlet engine was started from!

Carsten