cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [Patch] xdocs/tutorial.xml
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:33:20 GMT
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > The attached patch to tutorial.xml does this ...
> >
> > - Replaces every mention of "Cocoon" with "@docname@".
> > (Note that there are also some other xdocs that do not yet use
> > the replacement tag.)
>
> David, thanks for the patch.
>
> As a side note, can't we change that @docname@ to something more useful?

Yes, we could do this, but I think we should remove it again. See below.

> And, BTW, can you tell me *why* we have Cocoon written as a token
> expansion? Do you guys plan to use the same documentation for another
> project when you fork it? :)

No, at the time this was introduced, we were not exactly sure what the
name is we should use. Would it be simply "Cocoon" or "Apache Cocoon"
or "Cocoon2" or "Cocoon 2" or "Apache Cocoon 2" ....
I think we agreed by the time to "Apache Cocoon 2", but as we were not
that happy with it, we used the tokens instead, so that we could simply
change the name very quickly.
As you suggested last week, we should remove the version number, so
it should be called "Apache Cocoon".

Looking at it, I it might be a little bit ugly with this. So, the best
way would be to revert the changes and replace the token with the real
name in all documents (Renaming @docname@ with "Apache Cocoon" in fact).

Whereever we need the version information there are the other tokens
@version@ etc.

Carsten