cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: Release Candidate 2
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:12:32 GMT
Hi Team,

some days ago we decided to make the release candidate 2
on next monday (5th of november).

The question is now, what has to be done until then?

1) We have many open bugs in bugzilla. These must be reviewed
   and then solved (or declared invalid etc).

2) Documentation updates (this area lacks most)
   We could move this to the final release.

3) Decide what to backport from the 2.1 head.
   I'm +1 on removing the CodeFactories completly in 2.0, too.
   This would avoid any backcompatibility problems.

4) Layout the distribution
   This is a point we haven't discussed yet. Currently our
   distribution is a mixture of a source and a binary one.
   We deliver the source and a compiled version, but in order
   to run Cocoon, the user has to build a war file.
   I propose to split this: one source distribution which is
   similar to the current one but without the precompiled
   cocoon jar and a binary distribution containing only the
   war file. This war file should work in most servlet engines,
   perhaps not in all. 

So anything missing here? 

Carsten 

Open Source Group                        sunShine - b:Integrated
================================================================
Carsten Ziegeler, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
www.sundn.de                          mailto: cziegeler@sundn.de 
================================================================


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message