cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Klaasen" <tom.klaa...@telerelay.com>
Subject RE: anybody heared about jakarta-struts?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:33:26 GMT
Hi Michael,

I'm currently looking at this, too. I've been working a lot with C2
lately, and I am now trying to get a grip on Struts.

I think the projects aren't parallel at all. C2 is a framework for
serving content in all ways possible (content-driven), while struts is a
framework that concentrates on webapps (form handling, flow control).
Although there have already been a lot of discussions in C2 about these
issues, they still aren't solved IMHO (could improve once the XForms
project is finished -- that looks very promising to me)

Of course, between 2 projects dealing with the web, you'll always have
some overlapping concerns, but I think Cocoon and Struts are entirely
different focused.

Just my 0.02 EUR
tomK