cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: [RT]: Session support
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:37:54 GMT
> Hi Team,
>
> I think it's time for a new rt...so here we go:
>
> Cocoon 2 supports session handling. Mainly this is a feature
> supported by the servlet engine and Cocoon simply uses it.
>
> However, writing real world applications requires a little
> bit more effort than necessary when it comes to url rewriting.
> If your servlet engine uses url rewriting and not cookies,
> every url has to be rewritten. Unfortunately this has to
> be done manually!
> I would like to have it automatically (at least for html)!
> What I thought of is enhancing the html serializer, so that
> he rewrites urls (links etc) if necessary. Unfortunately
> this is not possible, as the serializer does not get the
> objectModel!

I don't think this is a media dependent need so I don't think
this should happen in a serializer.

> So a working solution could be a simple transformer before
> the serializer which does exactly this.

We have done something similar:

  <dlink:link uri="somehting">
    <dlink:parameter name="parameter" value="thevalue"/>
    Link
  </dlink:link>

The dlink transformer adds the constructed URL to the dlink:link
tag. Since this happens in a transformer we can also encode the URL.
--
Torsten