cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <>
Subject Benchmarking and Comparing Java based XML Processors ...
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:02:03 GMT

What started as a simple curiosity about various ways of accessing and
manipulating XML in Java and comparing their runtime efficiency and memory
utilization has now become something I felt I could share with others.  I
call it XPB4J -- XML Processing Benchmark for Java.

Besides the XPB4J software, what may be of interest is the perforamance
figures that I have collected and analyzed  for a simple processing (
gathering certain structural statistics on  XML data ) using SAX API (
Xerces and Crimson), DOM API ( Xerces and Crimson), JDOM API (JDOM
software), Pull Parser API (XPP software), XSL stylesheets ( Xalan ) and
Cocoon framework ( Cocoon2).

Find more about it at and drop me a line if
you found it useful in anyway.

Pankaj Kumar.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: