cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <>
Subject Re: AW: [RT]: Session support
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:00:04 GMT
At 02:07 PM 10/8/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes, I remember the discussions...and I still agree that the
>serializer should not know about the objectModel, but he should
>be able to rewrite urls.

This is a need we will be having over here soon. Right now we're using
cookie-based session tracking, but will need to switch to URL-based before
we ship so users can have multiple browser windows of our application up at
one time.

>So, we could pass a URLRewriter object into the serializer:
>interface URLRewriter {
>     boolean isURLRewritingEnabled();
>     String  rewriteURL(String url);
>Any suggestions (or votes!)?

I think that approach is a good middle ground. I understand the arguments
against why the Serializer should not have access to the objectModel.
Although using a transformer immediately before the serializer is a valid
solution to the problem, I too would appreciate something a bit more
transparent, so the user that is constructing the sitemap pipelines does
not have to worry about how the servlet container has been set up to handle
sessions (SoC!) :)

peter royal ->
managing partners, inc. ->

To unsubscribe, e-mail: