cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon web applications
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:45:21 GMT
At 02:01 PM 10/2/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>No kidding. Developping the gallery, I have to work on 6 new different
>components and have to restart everytime (it takes almost 2 minutes on
>my laptop) just to see what I did. The try/fail cycle was so big that I
>decided to write standalone components with stdin/stdout interfaces just
>to try them out. :(

really? we have several custom components in our c2 webapp, and all I have
to do is recompile and c2 reloads the sitemap/system as needed. no tomcat
restarting necessary. (this is for avalon components, loaded in via the
cocoon.xconf. we do have to reload for changes to objects stored in
session/etc).

One tip i've been using is to compile my code to the WEB-INF/classes
directory. it makes development much faster.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com