cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From reinhard_po...@gmx.net
Subject Redirection
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:15:17 GMT

The Apache Webserver provides a proxy module. This module enables the
redirection of URLs in the background (the user who enters the URL in his browser
will not know that this request is served by another web server) - for
example:

ProxyPass /xxx  http://server1:8080/xxx
ProxyPassReverse /xxx http://server1:8080/xxx

I want to achive the same result but I want to use Cocoon2 because I need
some actions (Session-Validation) that have to be executed before the request
is redirected (in the background).

I know <map:redirect-to uri="..."/> - but it is only the half way ...
(equivalent if you only use "ProxyPass /xxx  http://server1:8080/xxx" at the Apache
Webserver - without the ProxyPassReverse line).

If you use the resource-reader you have the problem that the
request-paramters get lost.

Are there any other suggestions?

Best regards,
Reinhard Pötz