cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Enke Michael <Michael.E...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Re: [RTl] i18n transformer
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:54:02 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> I agree that this is definitely the way to go. I'm offering up the work
> I've done thus far as another, somewhat orthogonal change, to what you've
> proposed. Since we were talking about the I18nTransformer, I figured I'd
> pipe up :)

Hi,
as i follow this discussion and from experience of using the
I18nTransformer
I have some functional points it should be easy (for you? ;-) to add.
I would make it self but I don't want to interfere with your plans.

1) I'd like to have in the catalogue an attribute called "alias", e.g.
   <message key="abc">ABC</message>
   <message key="xyz" alias="abc"/>
   If called <i18n:text>xyz</i18n:text> it will be transformed to "ABC".

2) It would be nice to have an "adding feature", e.g.
   <message key="hello">Hello</message>
   <message key="world">World</message>
   <message key="hi all" result="'hello' 'world'"/>
   So "<i18n:text>hi all</i18n:text>" will result in "Hello World".

3) It would be good to have an "empty" translation.
   Actually if we define <message key="rst"></message> this will result
in
   "untranslated text" or whatever is configured. Even if we put space
   between the tags the behaviour is like that.
   We should define an attribute like 'empty="true"'
   e.g. <message key="rst" empty="true"/> - this sould result in no
output.

Regards,
Michael