cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/xscript XScriptManager.java
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:50:00 GMT
>      /**
>       * Return the <code>ComponentManager</code> managing this instance.
>       *
>       * @return a <code>ComponentManager</code> value
>       */
>   -  public ComponentManager getComponentManager();
>   +  ComponentManager getComponentManager();

This part of the API just caught my eye.  Can anyone tell me what purpose
this serves?  I am against this approach as it violates the IoC that we
have so carefully crafted into Cocoon.  If you need a ComponentManager,
implement Composable!  The parent component will/should give it to you.

Basically what I am saying is this:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the ComponentManager be openly available
to all code in the world.  The Components that receive the ComponentManager
must be carefully managed.

We should probably change this soon.