cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Documentation: short alternative to @docname@?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:20:07 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Hold on to your hats everyone! Once we resolve this stuff then
> let us add it to documentation/xdocs/IMPORTANT
> There are some real good reasons for keeping some type of
> term substitution. Here is my big one - consistent speling.
> Hey, i seem to type "Coccon" often - we had best not let that
> slip through to production. Entity replacement prevents it.

Following this reasoning, we could "entitize" almost all currently
mispelled words (I *always* mispell "environment" in "enviornment" due
to slippery typing skills)... c'mon, I don't think we need to go that

The vote is:  do you want to keep @doctitle@ or equivalent (entities,
xslt transformation, whatever) or stick with pure text (like Cocoon,
Apache Cocoon) where it makes sense.

This is *ONLY* for the term "Cocoon" and "Apache Cocoon" that are *NOT*
expected to change. Stuff like @version@ and @years@ are not touched by
this vote.

I vote +1 to remove @doctitle@.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.