cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject New PreparedMatcher, deprecation of CodeFactory
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:57:09 GMT
Hi team,

You'll find in the HEAD the new PreparedMatcher interface we talked
about and a new implementation of all factory-based matchers with this
interface (way simpler).

CodeFactory is now deprecated and shouldn't be used for new matchers and
selectors. I will also port Selector so that we can totally stop using
it. This is the key for the tree-traversal implementation of the

CodeFactory matchers and selectors needed to be redeclared in
subsitemaps, and unfortunately this is still the case with
PreparedMatchers : it isn't possible to know when generating code for a
subsitemap the actual class for an inherited matcher, and thus we cannot
know if it's a simple Matcher or a PreparedMatcher. This won't be the
case with the interpreted sitemap.

Another behavior which also existed with code factories : since patterns
are prepared once at sitemap startup, patterns for PreparedMatchers
cannot use "{...}" substitution while simple Matchers can. This will
still be the case with an interpreted implementation.

Samples seem to behave correctly with these changes.

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: