cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: The Problems with Sitemap Factories
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:55:23 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

<snip/>

> > There's another point on which we still didn't came to a clear decision
> > : what about making the SourceResolver available to matchers and
> > selectors ? Can't it be simply added to the ObjectModel ?
> >
> To be compatible we shoud pass the SourceResolver as a separate object
> in the method as the other interfaces do the same.

Mmmh... and what about the other way ? If the SourceResolver becomes
generally available, let's add it to the object model so that we don't
have to pass it as a parameter everywhere.

If we don't want to change now APIs that have this parameter, we can
"deprecate" its use (in the doc, because we cannot put @deprecated on a
parameter). These methods will have two ways to access the
SourceResolver, but this shouldn't hurt.

This will avoid API changes now (no more, no less parameters) and
prepare for a future release where these parameters would be removed.
Also, the interpreted sitemap to come may allow to handle more easily
different interfaces that implement a single sitemap element than today
(I'm starting heavy thinking about that ;)

Thoughts ?

--
Sylvain Wallez