cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: AW: Configuration of SourceFactories
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:42:11 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Yes, same applies here. The "st" tool is in fact another hack
>which should be rewritten if someone has time to do it.
>A general ant task sounds great, although this should be then be integrated
>directly into ant rather than into Cocoon.
>Could you please give some pointers to XUpdate. I found the specification,
>but no implementation.
>
>Carsten

The Infozone Group has a project being called Lexus, describing
themselves as

> Lexus is a 100% pure Java implementation of XUpdate - the XML Update
> Language developed by the members of the XUpdate Working Group
> <http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate> which was initialized by the XML:DB
> Initiative <http://www.xmldb.org>. The current Working Draft
> <http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate/xupdate-wd.html> can be found at XML:DB
> site.
>
> The Lexus Project was originally started by the Infozone Group and
> donated to the XML:DB Initiative in October 2000. Since this donation
> the XML:DB Initiative is strongly focused on the development of XUpdate.

It takes a moment to find Lexus on the http://www.infozone-group.org
pages; to go there directly check out
http://www.infozone-group.org/projects5.html#topic4 for documentation
and http://www.infozone-group.org/download6.html for download. There are
other projects than Lexus that might be of interest, such as Schema Form
Generation called Schemox, where integration in Cocoon 2 is being mentioned.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR