cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: The Problems with Sitemap Factories
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:17:13 GMT
Jason Foster wrote:

> How about using a lazy prepare() instead of precalculating?  That way we
> can amortize the initialization time.
>
> The counterpoint is that the original sitemap will be used until the new
> sitemap is fully prepared, which means that initialization time is mostly
> a non-issue, except on initial startup which should happen as infrequently
> as possible (right?).

Right. In theory, on production environments, the sitemap should never
change (or change so rarely it doesn't really matter the sitemap
preparation time).

On development environments, where the sitemap may change as frequently
as for each request, the init time is important, but it will be *FAR*
less than what we have today anyway, expecially thinking about the near
future sitemap interpretation.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.