cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon Docs and pre announcement of a new Cocoon site
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:11:06 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > Hi Berin!
> >
> > Very nice job with the documentation, but
> > The site doesn't exactly like the original due to javascript. The
> > background images for selected items in the navigation are not generated.
> > This is the case - I think - as the javascript code is not traversed
> > by the LinkSerializer which produces all resources to generate.
>
> In that case, those links must be entered into the "uris" file.  It would
> be nice if LinkSerializer could understand to load those files.  Perhaps
> if we had an <xlink:link href="foo.js"/> element that gives the clue to
> the LinkSerializer, without impacting the site markup too much.
>
> > Another problem is batik. After a successfull generation it simply hangs!
>
> :(
>
> Does it do that for each image, or is it after the whole site is generated?
> I don't have that problem running Cocoon live.
>
> If after the whole site is generated, there is a live thread running in the
> background that should have been made a Daemon thread.  My guess is that it
> is in Batik.

I know Pier had the exact same problem with Stylebook: you have to call
System.exit() in order to shut down some background thread that remains
open and prohibits the JVM from exiting correctly.

ASAIK, there is no known workaround. This is also the reason why you
have to fork the JVM with the stylebook ant task and not running.

Pier, do you know if this problem is still there for Java 1.4?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.