cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.cocoon.components.xpath.XPathProcessor dependancy in XMLResourceBundle
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:50:19 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

> hi again, fellow cocooners and avaloners! (long time, no see) :-)
>
> After being some time away from active development, I now started to look at
> the things that have happened with
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n.XMLResourceBundle while I was away.
> And discovered that there has happened a "fork" of the XMLResourceBundle
> from Avalon CVS tree to Cocoon CVS tree (org.apache.cocoon.i18n) together
> with some new additions and bugfixes.
>
> So, I started to look at the possibility to merge the Cocoon version of the
> XMLResourceBundle back to Avalon, and discovered that there is also one new
> dependancy introduced: org.apache.cocoon.i18n.XMLResourceBundle depends on
> org.apache.cocoon.components.xpath package.
>
> In order to still be able to merge the changes to Avalon, I would propose to
> move the org.apache.cocoon.components.xpath package also under Avalon (as it
> doesn't depend on any cocoon specific packages anyway).
>
> How do others feel about this? And if this move is ok, where should we move
> it?

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.xpath

That way we can also have the following:

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.parser
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.transformer

(This is the componentization of those specific pieces--not the pipeline specific
things in Cocoon).  This allows Avalon to use parsers that are not JAXP compliant
and transformers that are not TRAX compliant.