cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon Docs and pre announcement of a new Cocoon site
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:04:28 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi Berin!
>
> Very nice job with the documentation, but
> The site doesn't exactly like the original due to javascript. The
> background images for selected items in the navigation are not generated.
> This is the case - I think - as the javascript code is not traversed
> by the LinkSerializer which produces all resources to generate.

In that case, those links must be entered into the "uris" file.  It would
be nice if LinkSerializer could understand to load those files.  Perhaps
if we had an <xlink:link href="foo.js"/> element that gives the clue to
the LinkSerializer, without impacting the site markup too much.

> Another problem is batik. After a successfull generation it simply hangs!

:(

Does it do that for each image, or is it after the whole site is generated?
I don't have that problem running Cocoon live.

If after the whole site is generated, there is a live thread running in the
background that should have been made a Daemon thread.  My guess is that it
is in Batik.

As I am already subscribed to almost 20 lists, and my time is limited, I can
track this one down with Batik.  Any takers out there to work this out with
them?