cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending Batik Support
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:26:20 GMT
> > > Batik has standard hooks to support URL protocols.  They use
> > > a "parsed url" which lets you get at all the good parts of the
> > > URL without suffering the dreaded "MalformedURLException".  It
> > > is also how we can add support for Cocoon's special purpose
> > > protocols: "context:", "resource:", and (dare we hope) "cocoon:".
> >
> > I put together something for "Context" protocols.  Unfortunately,
> > I can't seem to make it work.  I can't even really tell if it has
> > been loaded.  I will have to add some "print" messages to it just
> > to make sure it works.
>
> I have tried the print messages, and Batik recognizes the new protocol.
> That is good--I was a bit concerned for a minute.  The problem is that
> the resource is not returned to Batik.  I will do a little more
> plugging around to see what is going on.

YAY!!!

Cocoon now has supplied the context protocol to Batik!  Now you can code
your SVG files with confidence regarding where the files are located.
Next up will be the "resource" protocol.

The Cocoon protocol does not result in a stream, and therefore will require
serious ugly hacks to open it to Batik.  Therefore, I am -1 for that.