cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Extending Batik Support
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:04:00 GMT
Batik has standard hooks to support URL protocols.  They use
a "parsed url" which lets you get at all the good parts of the
URL without suffering the dreaded "MalformedURLException".  It
is also how we can add support for Cocoon's special purpose
protocols: "context:", "resource:", and (dare we hope) "cocoon:".

I would like to have Cocoon expand it's support and provide a
adaptor for Cocoon's Protocol handlers to Batik's
org.apache.batik.util.ParsedURLProtocolHandler structure.

If anyone knows Batik well enough to implement it quickly, please
volunteer.  Otherwise I will do it (it just may take me longer than
I like).  This is for a 2nd job I am doing to pay for my technology
habit (yes, I am addicted to newer and better computing experiences).
If the business picks up, I can get the owner to start up an R&D
arm...