cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon locking files on filesystem
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:59:39 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 October 2001 18:36, Sergio Carvalho wrote:
> > . . .
> > The finalize method of all streams in java
> > closes the stream, so it will release the lock.
>
> > If I remember correctly, the call is System.gc() . . .
>
> Is this guaranteed to have an effect every time you call it?
> AFAIK System.gc() is a *suggestion* to the JVM to run garbage collection, so
> it might not work reliably in all environments.

If there are any streams that Cocoon retains the lock to,
it is because it is not being closed.  This should be
classified as a bug.  If you can reliably reproduce it,
it can be traced and fixed.  You do need to validate your
code to ensure that your code is not causing the issues.

I missed the original message, so if you can post the
details, I would appreciate it.