cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps revisited
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:34:27 GMT
"Tom Klaasen (TeleRelay)" wrote:

> You mean XForms is already in place? Nice job. I used something
> home-written (in fact, Bruno Dumon did most of the work :p), but aside
> from the names of the tags we had something _very_ similar (I even begin
> to wonder where Bruno got his inspiration ;) ). Unfortunately, the thing
> wasn't ready to be published, and then we had to start working on other
> projects. But nice to see this is already in place.

No, XForms is still a moving spec.  ExFormula was created to provide
workspace for XForms integration (and potentially the Flow/URI/** map
ideas).  That is currently at http://exformula.d-haven.org (hosted by
sourceforge).  I have been keeping up with XForms and have been pushing
them to have the form validation error messages able to be set in the
markup.

> Hopefully something comes out of the flowmap discussion. I've recently
> begun using Struts for some webapp development, but to be honest, I'm
> not yet impressed (I didn't get the "WOOW!" feeling like I got when I
> began using C2)

I know what you mean.