cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RT - Tree Traversal Implementation of Sitemaps and XSP
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 12:24:05 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:

> One new feature i'd love to see is the construction of dynamic pipelines. I
> have a hack for this in my own code right now as a transformer which
> creates its own mini-pipeline inside of itself.

Even if runtime sitemap tree travesal will make easier to implement
this, I keep on being against such an approach even if I had the
temptation myself to use something equivalent.

The reason: it breaks separation of concerns because the sitemap
administrator and the programmers that generates the code that generates
the dynamic pipeline must be the same person or must overlap completely.

Also, I've never seen a case where the need for dynamically generated
pipelines could not be solved with more carefully designed static
pipelines.

However, if you have any example that proves me wrong, I'll be happy to
reconsider my position.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.