cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: C2 build problem, possibly with image generation
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:31:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I have just had an horrific build problem that i would like
> to share with you. It happens every time that i try to
> "build docs" ... other builds are OK.
> Notably "build printer-docs" is OK, and this makes me
> wonder if it is to do with the generation of the side-bar
> images. Also, i successfully ran "build newdocs" a few days
> ago. However, now that that target also produces the images,
> it too fails.
> Anyway, the build process gobbles all of the resources on
> the machine and grinds it to a halt - so much so, that the
> keyboard or mouse cannot even be used. Therefore no way
> to manually kill the ant process. I have tried to let it run, but
> it goes on for many hours.
> The only solution is to remove the power cord and let the
> power management system shut the machine down.
> Drastic, eh!
> Is there anything that i can watch to see where the build
> process is going wrong?

I'd suggest you to try with the latest JDK 1.4beta2 and see if the
problem is still there. It might be a problem with the need for X of the
image-generation code on Linux systems and since the problem is pretty
nasty, I bet is some native conflict going on there.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message