cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Catalogs don't work on XSLT stylesheets
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:10:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Hi Stephano,

ehmm, Stefano, please :)

> thanks for your Bugzilla entry.

You are welcome :)

> Would you please
> add a test case stylesheet to demonstrate how you declare an
> external entity. I wonder if this is actually a bug or a usage issue.

Good point. What I did was placing the following

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
 <!ENTITY % ISOnum PUBLIC
   "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Numeric and Special Graphic//EN//XML"
   "ISOnum.pen">
 %ISOnum;
]>

above the <xsl:stylesheet> element and it didn't work.

> The entity resolver is attached to the parser, so resolution
> happens at that level rather than at the XSLT level.

Ah, ok. I thought that maybe the Trax handlers required another instance
of the entity resolver.

> By the time
> that the XML stream gets to the stylesheet, then all entities
> have already been resolved. I would expect that you would need
> to declare all necessary entities from the document type
> declaration of your XML instance document.

Am I doing something wrong in the above declaration?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.