cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [RT]: Session support
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:22:08 GMT
Carsten,

I use the attached CachingStreamPipelineEx and implement SitemapModelComponent in my Serializer.
faced this problem a long time back and no one was willing to get me access to objectModel
in my
Serializer. Hence the Hack....

Thanks,
dims

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I think it's time for a new rt...so here we go:
>
> Cocoon 2 supports session handling. Mainly this is a feature
> supported by the servlet engine and Cocoon simply uses it.
>
> However, writing real world applications requires a little
> bit more effort than necessary when it comes to url rewriting.
> If your servlet engine uses url rewriting and not cookies,
> every url has to be rewritten. Unfortunately this has to
> be done manually!
> I would like to have it automatically (at least for html)!
> What I thought of is enhancing the html serializer, so that
> he rewrites urls (links etc) if necessary. Unfortunately
> this is not possible, as the serializer does not get the
> objectModel!
> So a working solution could be a simple transformer before
> the serializer which does exactly this.
>
> What can we do?
>
> Carsten
>
> Open Source Group                        sunShine - b:Integrated

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI