cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: AntEater: a functional testing framework for HTTP/SOAP apps
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 07:26:56 GMT
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 11:48:29AM -0700, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:07:52 +1000, Jeff Turner <> wrote:
> > > If Anteater and Cocoon are on the same machine, you can use normal
> > > Ant tasks to modify Cocoon files while the system is running, send
> > > another request to the server and test in the response the
> > > modified Cocoon behavior.
> >
> > I don't think those "normal Ant tasks" exist yet ;) What would be
> > really nice is a version of James Strachan's xtags taglib, for Ant
> > instead of JSP.
> As I described in an earlier email to Stefano, you can use a
> combination of <copy> with <filterset> to replace a token in a
> template file.
> Would be interesting to see the xtags elements as well. Do you have a
> URL to James work?

  "XTags is a JSP custom tag library for working with XML. XTags implements an
  XSLT-like language allowing XML to be styled and processed from directly
  within a JSP page using familiar XSLT and XPath techniques."

In particular, I was thinking of it's XPath support. Eg, to iterate over and
test all defined pipelines:

    <httpRequest path="${pattern}">
      <match responseCode="200"/>

Ah well, presumably this sort of thing will be possible with the mythical Ant

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message