cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <gian...@rabellino.it>
Subject Configuration of SourceFactories
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:42:02 GMT
Ciao,

I finally sat down and started to write some code to implement an
xmldb:// pseudo-protocol to access XML:DB data inside Cocoon.

I understand that, since this is not a JDK supported protocol, I have to
implement a SourceFactory and return a Source, but looking at
SourceHandlerImpl I saw that SourceFactories are assumed not to be
Configurable (they can be Composable, Contextualizable and Loggable, but
there's no way, at least as far as I can tell, to pass a Configuration
object to them).

Is there any particular reason for this? I'd really need to pass
configuration data to them, but I see no way (apart from changing
SourceHandlerImpl) to do it. Am I missing something? If I got the point,
how about making SourceFactories configurable?

Also, I would like to make the pseudo-protocol optional, but again I see
no way to edit cocoon.xconf as I can do with the sitemap via "st". I'm
wondering if it might be useful to write a different tool (maybe another
Ant task?) using XUpdate so that it would be possible to change any XML
file.

Waiting for enlightenment... :)

Ciao,

--