cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <gian...@rabellino.it>
Subject Re: [STATUS] architecture design
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:52:29 GMT
> >Halfway there, hope to have a working version by the end of this
week...
> >:)
> >
> How difficult is it to write such a new protocol ? I am currently
> working on integrating Cocoon 2 with Documentum, and we are planning
> add a "docbase" protocol for accessing XML documents directly from
> Documentum repository servers.

Not much. A good starting point is the SourceFactory interface, AFAIK
basically you have to implement your own Source, make it available via a
SourceFactory declared in cocoon.xconf, and you're ready to roll.
Beware: SourceHandlerImpl was not Configurable until a while ago, and I
don't know if Carsten committed my patch other than to the HEAD version:
if you need to pass a Configuration object make sure to use the updated
SourceHandlerImpl.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino