cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject [C2] Installation problems
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:48:33 GMT
Hi, C2ers!

As I've written already, I faced a problem installing Cocoon 2.0rc1 on IONA
App server. The WAR archive is not unpacked when application is running and
this results in problems during servlet initialization, particularly:
this.servletContext.getRealPath("/") returns 'null'.

Is there a reason that cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap (root) are placed in
the context root directory and not inside of the WEB-INF/? And why not use
getResource() instead of using real path to files? If C2 is running from an
archive then the real path cannot be used to load files.

Anybody knows a workaround for such situation?

Best regards,

Konstantin Piroumian
Sr. Software developer

Protek Flagship LLC