cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: [C2]: Release Candidate 2
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:22:09 GMT
Carsten wrote:
> Hi Team,
> some days ago we decided to make the release candidate 2
> on next monday (5th of november).
> The question is now, what has to be done until then?
> 1) We have many open bugs in bugzilla. These must be reviewed
>    and then solved (or declared invalid etc).
> 2) Documentation updates (this area lacks most)
>    We could move this to the final release.
Documentation must be happening all the time, and not left
until last.

> 3) Decide what to backport from the 2.1 head.
>    I'm +1 on removing the CodeFactories completly in 2.0, too.
>    This would avoid any backcompatibility problems.
> 4) Layout the distribution
>    This is a point we haven't discussed yet. Currently our
>    distribution is a mixture of a source and a binary one.
>    We deliver the source and a compiled version, but in order
>    to run Cocoon, the user has to build a war file.
>    I propose to split this: one source distribution which is
>    similar to the current one but without the precompiled
>    cocoon jar and a binary distribution containing only the
>    war file. This war file should work in most servlet engines,
>    perhaps not in all. 
> So anything missing here? 

5) Ensure that licensing requirements have been met.
  update jars.xml, ensure proper banner in *.java header,
  verify the current LICENSE* files, ensure that external
  components have suitable licensing requirements.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message