cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: entity resolution for Documentation build - almost
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:31:24 GMT
I have not heard any compliants that their "build docs"
crashed since we added xdocs/catalog-test.xml
So i presume that everyone's system works but mine.
Perhaps it is my JVM - i will go to get another.
--David

> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:11:14 +0200
> From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@sundn.de>
>
> David,
> 
> I added your test case to the CVS HEAD for making testing
> much easier for all of us.
> 
> Yes, I did follow the process and retried it today again.
> Using Windows2K and SUN JDK 1.2.2 it works.
> 
> Carsten
> 
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Would someone on each platform please try the following
> > on a recent CVS HEAD ...
> > 1) edit documentation/cocoon.xconf to raise the catalog
> > verbosity level to 3
> > 2) add the attached "catalog-test.xml" to your xdocs/
> > ... note that the rest of the xdocs/*.xml do not yet challenge
> > the entity resolver. This doc declares an external entity
> > that cannot be found relative to xdocs/
> > 3) add a temporary entry to book.xml for catalog-test
> > 4) build docs
> > 5) tell us if you see the bug described below or
> > do you get a successful build.
> >
> > Carsten, did you follow that process to exercise the bug?
> >
> > thanks, David Crossley
> >
> > ------
> > Carsten Ziegeler said:
> > > Hi David,
> > > sorry I can't reproduce this here. Running under Windows2k
> > > everything is working fine and I always get file:/ urls.
> > > So, if someone with linux can have a look at it?
> > >
> > > Carstem
> > >
> > > > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> > > > Von: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
> > > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2001 10:11
> > > > An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
> > > > Betreff: Re: entity resolution for Documentation build - almost
> > > >
> > > > Cartsen wrote:
> > > > > Hi David,
> > > > > I applied your patch to both cvs. Thanks!
> > > > > I think the problem lies indeed in the double slashes
> > > > > of your url (file://). Where is this url build?
> > > >
> > > > The URL is built in components/resolver/ResolverImpl.java
> > > > in the resolveEntity() method. Note that everything is OK
> > > > via normal servlet running - the URL starts with file:/
> > > > However, when running "build docs" it gets file://
> > > >
> > > > You would be able to see it yourself, if you try to
> > > > process the catalog-test.xml supplied with the last
> > > > patch.
> > > > cheers, David
> > > >
> > > > > Carsten
> > > > >
> > > > > > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> > > > > > Von: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
> > > > > > Gesendet: Montag, 8. Oktober 2001 14:17
> > > > > > An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
> > > > > > Betreff: Re: entity resolution for Documentation build - almost
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I am frustratingly close to getting entity catalogs working
for
> > > > > > the documentation build, and need some help. Here are some
> > > > > > patches so that you can try for yourself.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The patch to build.xml adds to the prepare-docs target
> > > > > > to copy the default catalog and its entities over to the
> > > > > > documentation build space. That is all that is required to
> > > > > > enable the entity resolver.
> > > > > > The patch to documentation/cocoon.xconf adds the config
> > > > > > parameters for catalog resolver.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It is safe to apply those patches. Nothing is adversely affected.
> > > > > > The DTDs and other entities are already being resolved to
> > > > > > files relative to the XML instance document.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > However, if you declare a new entity set in an xdoc then
> > > > > > you will strike trouble. The entity resolver does deliver the
> > > > > > correct pathname for the entity set. However, we get ...
> > > > > > -----
> > > > > > Failed to create InputSource:
> > > > > > file://usr/local/cvs/xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/documentation/resour
> > > > > ces/entities/ISOnum.pen
> > > > > -----
> > > > > Is the failure because of the double-slash file:// ... ???
> > > > > The actual pathname is correct.
> > > > >
> > > > > When running via the normal webapp under Tomcat the
> > > > > InputSource is successful and the page is presented.
> > > > > The only difference is single slash rather than double slash
> > > > > after file:
> > > > > file:/usr/local/...
> > > > >
> > > > > As a convenience to facilitate testing of entity resolution for
> > > > > the documentation build, there is a new xdocs/catalog-test.xml
> > > > > - you will need to add an entry your local book.xml
> > > > >
> > > > > cheers, David


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message