cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject LinkAlarm for xml.apache.org/cocoon2/
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:35:29 GMT
As part of our company's contribution to the wonderful
Apache Cocoon, we are going to pay for automated
regular link verification of the website at
xml.apache.org/cocoon2/

Of course, it is up to all of cocoon-dev to actually fix
the links - IndexGeo will help to identify them.
The first report is available at:
http://reports.linkalarm.com/209176687132/

I find that the easiest way is to use the left-hand panel
to go directly to the error listings. e.g. "404 File Not Found".
Also, links.broken.txt is useful and very direct. You can also
download a copy of the full report, if you find online
browsing to be a pain too.

The next run would be after RC2 - though it could be run
sooner if an interim docs upload is deemed necessary.

This run also covered cocoon2/javadocs/
Next run will probably be excluding that, which will
bring the total number of pages down.

Some strange errors are extracted below. The remainder
are normal broken links.

1) missing images/dot.gif ... from many docs
probably a stylesheet issue
-----
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/images/dot.gif
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/
404     Not Found
-----

2) strange link to email address ...
here is one example out of 8:
-----
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/reading/bloritsch@apache.org
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/reading/DatabaseReader.html
404     Not Found
-----

3) xsp-internals.html has many broken links to javadocs
e.g.
-----
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/javadocs/org/apache/cocoon/generators/Generator.html
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/xsp-internals.html
404     Not Found
-----

4) there is an amazing amount of mailto: links identified.
Is this really necessary?