cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: SQLTransformer doesn´t output namespace prefixes?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:54:59 GMT
Hello Tom and Sven,
Thanx for answering my questions so fast, really helpful.
I´d like some comments on my little design approach for the adjustments i
need to make.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Beauprez" <Sven.Beauprez@xume.be>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 7:45 PM
Subject: RE: SQLTransformer doesn´t output namespace prefixes?

>So the only reason why you need the sql-prefix again is when you want to
> execute the sql-transformer again, - immediately - after the first one
(this should mean you read
> sql statements from the DB ?!? IMO a very rare case. This is - not - the
same as in your case!).

Actually, I want to be able to feed the first stage with xml that is
identical with the output of the first sql transformer, in the cmd
namespace, ie using some sort of caching in the stage before, so only the
exentqueries are ran.
The issue really boils down to the fact that the transformer currently
outputs namespace uri on the resulting elements and attributes and not
including the prefix.
I need to have the namespace configurable.

> So I strongly suggest you don't 'just forward' the sql prefix.
> If you want to implement
> this feature (which I encourage of course ;-) ), make it optional, so that
if someone doesn't
> configure the prefix, no prefix is added to resulting elements...

But the prefix used to call the transformer should IMO be outputted if the
namespace is there. The prefix only serves as the visual proof that there is
a namespace uri accociated with the elements and attributes, right.
I agree on the use of options approach where the use of output namespace is
configured something like this:

in the xml document

<sql:output-namespace-usage type="set">
    <sql:uri>http://the.namespace.domain/path</sql:uri>
    <sql:prefix>sql</sql:prefix>
</sql:output-namespace-usage>
or
<sql:output-prefix-usage type="forward"/>
or
<sql:output-prefix-usage type="ignore"/>

or from the sitemap:

<map:transform type="sql">
    <map:parameter name="output-namespace-usage" value="set"/>
or
    <map:parameter name="output-namespace-usage" value="forward"/>
or
    <map:parameter name="output-namespace-usage" value="ignore"/>
</map:transform>

> PS: it is true that i don't read the mailinglists that often anymore (new
projects, new priorities),
> but I will try to find some time the next few days to answer your
questions...

thanx :-)

ps
For those of you, like Tom, wonder about my strange name, firstname is
Per-Olof :-)
ds

Regards
Per-Olof Norén