cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paolo" <>
Subject R: R: [RT] New validator and propagator infrastructure
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:29:45 GMT
Hi Vadim and Martin!

>type="checkbox" is quite simple: absent parameter - false, present
>parameter - true.

>So we could use null as false and not null as true.

This is not true! The default value passed as request parameter for a
checkbox is the 'On' string!

And we want to use in the future the same descriptor file to validate
not only request parameters, but session attributes or cookies, too...

A flag is always stored in an application as a boolean, not as a
null/not-null value. The best way, in my opinion, is to use a 'boolean'
parameter type (that we will compare with 'On', 'Yes', '1' and 'True').

For a checkbox, we can still use the 'nullable' flag with the 'default'
value = 'false'.

Am I right?

Paolo Scaffardi

To unsubscribe, e-mail: