cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McKibben <mmckib...@ncube.com>
Subject [C2] specify context dir with sub-sitemap?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:03:15 GMT
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to specify the context directory
independently of the sitemap file when mounting a sub-sitemap. After some
digging around, it doesn't seem possible, but perhaps I missed something
obvious?

Would it be useful to add this flexibility? I can see two
possible ways to add this feature (I am sure there are
more.)

1. Add an attribute to the map:mount element allowing a context to be
specified explicitly, e.g.

<map:mount uri-prefix="sub/" src="WEB-INF/etc/sub.xmap" context="sub/"/>

2. In the sitemap file itself, allow the specification of the context
directory, e.g. (in sub sitemap file)

<map:sitemap context="/sub">
</map:sitemap>

Option two has the benefit of being able to change the root sitemap's
context path, not just sub sitemaps. I will volunteer to help add this
feature if there is any interest in this.

Regards,

--mike