cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [RT] Cocoon and WSDL [was Re: AW [LONG]: [C2] Providing and u sing soap services]
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:14:08 GMT
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2) wrote:

Hi Kinga,

> We are very encouraged by the recent discussions regarding support for SOAP
> in Cocoon. We belong to a middleware group at HP and our current focus is on
> Web services and B2B processing. We have adopted Cocoon2 as the underlying
> framework for some of our work. So far our experience with Cocoon has been
> great and we have added the necessary SOAP support for our usage. The client
> side support for SOAP invocation is implemented using XSP + logic sheets
> (part of the XSTREAM related work that Ovidiu discussed on the Cocoon
> mailing lists). This was included as part of a beta release of our web
> services offering released in mid August. We also have been working on a
> SOAP server implementation based on Cocoon. We are willing to contribute
> this implementation to Cocoon. If you are interested, we can initiate
> further communication regarding this early next week.

I think there IS interest in this area here. While I'm still not sure
that client side support for SOAP dosn't belong directly into the XSP
layer (this is my very humble oppinion) it dosn't matter to discuss it
anyway ;)

Currently there are discussion going on on the Axis list also. Maybe
you have a look there as well.

And sure, contributions are very welcome.

Giacomo