cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon and WSDL [was Re: AW [LONG]: [C2] Providing and using soap services]
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:32:47 GMT
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Giacomo wrote:
> >
> > Any comments?
> > Any intrests in realizing this together?
>
> WSDL4J can help with the parsing and creating of WSDL.
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4j
>
> The Axis project is a rewrite of SOAP 2.x; the most significant change is a
> migration from DOM to SAX (akin to Cocoon 1=>Cocoon 2, eh?).  Signficant
> support for WSDL is starting to come on line in the past few weeks - both
> in the automatic generation of WSDL (describing the services), and in
> consumption of WSDL (server stubs, generation of client proxies)
>
> I'd love to see us realize this together.

Well, some of my vision may be overlapping with the Axis vision. But how
is it related to generate JAXB compliant objects (in general I mean
objects that can marshall/unmarshall itselfs) for the WSDL types? In my
opinion this will increase the use in Cocoon, but I have no idea for
Axis. Such a code generator will enable us to describing SOAP messages
in general. At my company we've developed a XML Schema to Java toolkit
to get XMLizable java objects exactly for that (different architecture
that JAXB though).

> How can I help?

I thought of starting a separate project for that because parts of it
are not tightly bound to Cocoon2. They can be use in general (XML-Schema
-> java source according to JAXB). If some Axis people will join we can
build up a toolset that satisfies all (and now my Avalon bias mind sees
pluggable generator components :).

Giacomo