cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject General question about virtual hosts and C2
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:38:01 GMT
The main question: Can Cocoon 2 only run as a webapp (with a context)?

I'm using Resin with several virtual hosts. To make this easier to configure
I put all the required cocoon libs to the lib dir of resin.
The projects are sepated into different directories but not inside the
webapp dir of resin:
d:\www\PROJECT1\public
d:\www\PROJECT2\public and so on.
Each directory has it's own WEB-INF and server.xml in it.
The projects have their own hostnames (virtual hosts), but no /cocoon (or
what ever) context.

With this configuration (C2b2) it seems that the (different) pipelines are
mixed sometimes. When requesting pages from project1 some(!) log entries are
written in the log files of project2.

So my question is if Cocoon 2 only works with a context (quite difficult as
you need to use the rewrite engine of apache) or *should* it work for my
configuration?

When running just one virtual host it all works fine.

JOERN_HEID