cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: latest C2 not working
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:09:08 GMT
Vivienne,

you need to build the webapp with include.webapp.libs set. The
org.apache.cocoon.samples package is not included in the default jar - this
is done on purpose. Since you probably dump cocoon.jar in your tomcat/lib
directory and use the default webapp, Cocoon can't load the parentcm.*
classes (since they are loaded by the webapp's classloader and not by the
root CL) and this causes the first Exception.

If everything else fails, go to the webapp's web.xml and remove the
init-param related to the parent component manager. This should keep cocoon
from loading the class.

/LS

----