cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Newland" <chris.newl...@emorphia.com>
Subject RE: DatabaseXActions
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:59:33 GMT
Hi Mario,

I can't see how this conflicts. I would imagine that people would be using
different descriptor files for form validation and database manipulation
wouldn't they?

A form validation descriptor is about parameter constraint validation, the
database action descriptor is about manipulating database columns. These
seem like separate concerns to me?

imho: I would not expect a developer to use the same descriptor file for
form validation actions and database actions in their sitemap.

Perhaps I've made too big an assumption?

I'm trying to add a little more power to the database action descriptor to
support the notion of nullable columns and default values for missing
parameters / attributes (e.g. The IE browser omits parameters for checkboxes
that aren't ticked but I want an 'N' in my database)

Could some other people comment on this issue so I can get an idea about
whether my fixes are "a good thing" ?

Best Regards,

Chris

ps. Sorry for the duplicate posts earlier, having a major ISP headache today
:(