cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [c2] caching question to carsten [was EventCache questions]
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:02:00 GMT
Hi Gerhard,

the answer is in fact really short: It's the way it was designed :-)
No, seriously, the idea behind this was that you can configure both
stores differently. For example you can choose to make a weaker
store for the event pipelines (weaker=caches not many objects) and
a "big" store for the stream pipelines. If you know which ones
are more "cacheable" you can fine-tune your stores according to
the information. Perhaps this might be a little bit overkill.

This decision was made, because of the two pipeline objects. You
can combine a non-caching-stream-pipeline was a
caching-event-pipeline etc. So we thought it was natural to have
two stores.

Carsten