cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject session messaging
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 14:00:45 GMT
I'd like to propose to extend the Session interface
with some kind of messaging functionality.

I'd like to keep track of the users that are currently
logged into our app. Right now I don't see any other
way of doing this but to extend the Session interface

interface Session {
  public void addFinalizeListener( FinalizeListener l);
}

interface FinalizeListener {
  public void finalizeOf( Object current );
}

and then call the added Listeners in the finalizer of the
Session implementing classes.
This would give a lot more information of the magical
session thing that comes from the differen servlet
engines.

But of course I might have again missed something ;)
...so what do you guys think ?
--
Torsten