cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2.1] StoreJanitor
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:11:16 GMT
Quoting Gerhard Froehlich <g-froehlich@gmx.de>:

> Hi,
> the appended zip file contains a implementation
> of a StoreJanitor.
>
> The StoreJanitor is a new component, where Store classes
> can register into it. When memory is too low, the StoreJanitor
> frees the registered caches until memory is normal.
> (See thread to this issue last days).
>
> The zip file contains a patch for the existing classes and
> the 2 new files
> StoreJanitor: a new interface for StoreJanitor implementations
>   with two methods (register and unregister)
> StoreJanitorImpl: a implementation of a StoreJanitor.
>
> Feel free to use it.

I think it's a good idea to move the memory management of the caches out of the
stores. I clearly see that having multiple stores for different purposes make
sense. But I'd like to have some docs, metrics and suggestion about how
paraterizing the stores and the janitor according to memory amounts.

Cool work Gerhard.

Giacomo